Drostanolone propionate is sold under the brand name “Masteron”, a strong anabolic androgenic drug. Most of the athletes, bodybuilders have been using the drug for many years. Masteron was developed to treat breast cancer as an anti-estrogen product. It was extensively used with Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator such as Tamoxifen to treat breast cancer and provided an incredible reduction in estrogen levels in women who underwent breast cancer treatment. However, Drostanolone propionate is not used for the medical purpose now.
Masteron has two variants such as Drostanolone Enanthate, Drostanolone Propionate. Drostanolone propionate 100 mg dosage is the fast acting Masteron version and it has to be taken every other day. Drostanolone Enanthate is dosed around 200 mg/ml that needs to be taken or injected two times a week. This is because the ester attached to the Drostanolone is longer thus initiating a slower hormone release.
Drostanolone Propionate benefits
The basic benefit of Masteron is making the body leaner and harder. This drug will enhance fat loss, but it will never make a fat physique to a ripped body. Masteron works well to the people who are already lean with low body fat. It is mainly used in cutting cycles. Drostanolone improves strength, enhances endurance, increases IGF-1 levels, promotes RBC count and provides the hard appearance to muscles.
The experienced bodybuilders can inject the drug up to 400 mg per week. 100 mg dose of Drostanolone Propionate can be taken for every other day. In order to prevent side effects, some take 50 mg dose daily. Generally, women are not advised to take the AAS. However, it is limited to 50 mg dose per week in order to stay away from virilization effects. Even 50 mg can be split into smaller doses to take every 2-3 days. The recommended cycle is up to 8 weeks.
Drostanolone Propionate side effects
- Drostanolone Propionate is noted to act on lipid profile. It decreases HDL and increases LDL. When talking about the oral AAS, it acts more on lipid than injections.
- Slightly elevated blood pressure is noted among some users
- As Masteron is not a hepatotoxic AAS, it will not put pressure on liver
- Androgenic side effects such as acne, excessive hair growth in the body, male pattern baldness, are expected
- As Drostanolone Propionate is not aromatizing, then there is no gynecomastia, water retention, and increased blood pressure is expected
- Virilization effects such as deepened voice, increased sexual drive, and hair growth on the face, acne on back, chest, face, shoulders, have been experienced by the female users. If the AAS is continued without care, then the effects will be irreversible.
- As the testosterone suppression is caused by Masteron, it is advised to take Testosterone supplement during post-cycle therapy.
Men should start with Drostanolone propionate 100 mg dosage initially. If unbearable and adverse side effects persist, immediate withdrawal is recommended. The half-life time of Drostanolone propionate is up to 4 days. Those who participate in bodybuilding competition should stop using this AAS at least 3 weeks before the testing. There are many online suppliers sell Masteron, but the quality and reputation matters. Choosing the right source will yield the definite results.